How to submit a claim under the Parental Guarantee: updated 29 Dec 09

Category: DAG Public News

The DST has arranged for an Icelandic law firm to act on behalf of depositors who still wish to lodge individual claims under the Khf Parental Guarantee to the Winding up Committee (WuC).  Completed and signed claim forms should be scanned and sent by email to the law firm as soon as possible, but no later than mid-day on Wednesday 30th Dec. Update follows...

The final details (followed closely by an addendum!) have now been emailed to all depositors on our mailing list. If you require this information and have not received it by email, you may contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to request a copy. But please check your email first.

Please print sign and scan your form and send as an attachment to the address supplied. Don't worry about how you calculate the interest (see comments in the Addendum).

Since the Depositor Compensation Scheme (DCS) Manager has now announced (on 24 Dec) that he has lodged a claim, anybody who has claimed under the DCS (and thereby assigned their rights to the Scheme) will not need to make an individual claim themselves as the DCS manager has done so already on your behalf.

At least some of the Insurance Companies are known to have done likewise on behalf of their bondholders.

If you are still wondering whether to submit a claim, you may wish to consider my personal comments "Re PG claims" on the other site here

Good luck!

anrigaut, on behalf of DST


Hits: 2181